Floating Support Services
The Care Society provide housing and tenancy related support throughout Ceredigion to enable homeless and potentially homeless people to acquire the skills and resources they need to sustain a tenancy. Funded by Supporting People, the aim of the service is to help people to live successfully and independently in settled accommodation within their community.
Who do we support?
- Single people
- Families and their dependent children
- People housed in temporary accommodation
- People with physical disabilities
- Young people leaving the care system
How do we Support people?
The service gives one-to-one support either in our offices across the County or at a service user’s home. All people supported in their tenancies by The Care Society will have a dedicated support worker who will draw up a detailed Support Plan with the service user.
We aim to enable and empower people to cope with problems affecting their lives:
- Support to maintain their tenancy independently and/or resettlement advice in order to move to more appropriate accommodation as necessary, including liaison with landlords, viewings, social housing applications and the private rented property sector
- Developing life skills that will allow people to cope better with daily living tasks
- Providing general guidance, advice and support to improve confidence and self esteem
- Help and access to advice relating to budgeting and debt management, with the aim of maximising income and appropriate welfare benefits
- Support to ensure people feel safe and secure in their home
- Assistance to access employment, training, education and volunteering opportunities
- Support with relationships and family and feeling part of the community
- Promoting good parenting skills
Referrals can be self-referrals using the Care Society contact details below or on the contact us page. You can also call in at our offices in Aberystwyth or Cardigan as well as via the Supporting People Team in Social Services. If you know someone who needs our support you can also enquire about referrals.
Bespoke Packages of Care & Support
Cymdeithas Gofal The Care Society provide an individual 1:1 service (or a 2:1 service where circumstances require it) delivering care & support contracts to people with:
- learning disabilities;
- mental health problems;
- Physical and mobility issues;
- Old age and infirmity
The following list gives details of the types of people who are supported through Care Society bespoke packages. What they have in common is that they are vulnerable due to circumstances or conditions. While this list is not exhaustive and some groups may overlap, it gives a realistic indication of the wide range of people that The Care Society are able to deliver support to:
- Individuals presenting with complex social isolation issues, following a sudden breakdown or deterioration of their personal circumstances, which would include the aged, frail or infirm;
- Individuals living alone with little or no social support network;
- Individuals who present with loneliness as an identifiable need;
- Individuals who have a support network, but due to physical or mental health issues have become socially isolated. This includes people with learning disabilities like autism, and people who are chronically ill;
- Individuals who enjoy minimal social interaction from their carers, cleaners, meal provision and other service providers but require a further element of befriending and support to be introduced;
- Private individuals with means but in need of our services and currently not referred through social services;
- Individuals who are the main carer for their spouse or family relative, which has resulted in themselves becoming isolated (support can be offered to relieve them of their responsibilities for certain periods throughout the week).
To enquire please fill in the enquiry form below